The below video will cover a few of the frequently asked questions (FAQ) and troubleshooting tips for TheCOM that you should be aware of. If you still have issues give us a call or drop us an E-mail we are here for you!
- Using another 12 Volt receptacle (like a phone charger) check to make sure your UTV power port is receiving power?
- If yes move on to 2
- If not check your fuse on your machine or see your dealer
- Plug in TheCOM. Is the red indicator light lit up on the power cord (Note 2019 models doe not have a red LED light on the cord)?
- If not check the fuse inside the power plug by unscrewing the silver tip and replacing the fuse with a 250V 10 amp fuse.
- If yes move on to 3
- Does the radio light up (typically a blue screen)?
- If not make sure the unit is powered on by pressing and holding the power button (left knob on radio see left picture).
- If the radio doesn’t power on check the fuse in the back between the radio and intercom. It is in a black housing that unscrews.
- If yes move to 4
- Does the red indicator light up on the intercom (TheCOM)?
- If not the make sure the power switch is on.
- If power switch is on but no light then check the fuse in the back it is in a white plastic houseing that unlocks by twisting.
- If the light is on and the radio is on but you can’t hear the radio check the “Radio Connect” switch is on.
- If it still does not work please email or call us and we will do some further diagnoses.
- (208) 779-2891
- Download the power check document below